Today we are going to prepare a mushroom carpaccio recipe that is perfect for lovers of healthy living and for those who have decided to follow a vegetarian diet . In addition, it is a very delicious way of introducing raw mushrooms to our table, since their flavor is more intense and we can fully appreciate their natural texture.
- For two people we are going to use 250 grams of whole mushrooms. The Portobello variety is an excellent option.
- Two large tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Six large tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- A little chopped fresh parsley or chives.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
- Optional: a boiled egg or Parmesan cheese flakes. If you are vegan skip it, if you are ovolactovegetarian you can.
How to make Mushroom Carpaccio
- If we are going to include egg in our recipe, the first thing we must do is put water in a saucepan, add the egg and heat it. About 10 minutes after it starts to boil, it will be perfectly cooked.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and a pinch of salt in a bowl to make the vinaigrette. We can also use a blender to emulsify the ingredients more quickly. We booked.
- Cut the mushrooms longitudinally into very thin slices with a knife, mandolin or electric cutter.
- Place the slices on a flat plate or tray without letting them overlap.
- Then we season the Carpaccio with the vinaigrette that we made at the beginning.
- Grate the boiled egg and sprinkle it over the plate.
- Add the chopped parsley over the mushrooms as a decoration.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper and add a few touches of olive oil.
- Our Mushroom Carpaccio is ready, a delicacy that is highly recommended to eat immediately after preparation.
This recipe is very simple and anyone can easily make it in a matter of minutes. The most boring thing is to cut the very thin slices with a knife, almost transparent to the light, for which it is advisable to use a mandoline or electric cutter if available. This step is very important, since the final result will largely depend on the thickness of the Carpaccio.
As for its properties, the mushroom is rich in minerals and vitamins, as well as low in calories . In fact, a serving of Mushroom Carpaccio does not reach 300. You can add a bed of salad using lettuce, arugula or the leaf of your choice, as well as tomatoes and other vegetables to turn this delicacy into a unique dish, ideal for a dinner refreshing and light.